Ph.D. in Economics (cum laude), Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, Vienna, Austria, 2002. Dissertation Title: The Techno-Economic Consequences of Environmental Regulation – The case of Austrian VOC emission standards
Master of European Business (MEB), Community of European Management Schools, Vienna, Austria, and Rotterdam, The Netherlands
MA in Commerce (Handelswissenschaften), Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, Vienna, Austria, 1997
Econometrics I, Institute of Advanced Studies (IHS), January to March 2005, Vienna, Austria (taught by Professor Harry H. Kelejian, University of Maryland)
The Role of Social Interactions and Networks in Economics, Urrutia Elejalde Foundation, July 2003, San Sebastian, Spain
European Summer School on Industrial Dynamics (ESSID), September 2000&1999, Cargese, France
Economics of Technological and Institutional Change (ETIC) Doctoral Training Program, April&October 1999, Strasbourg, France&Maastricht, Holland
Lecturer/Assistant Professor(Universitätsassistent), Department of Economic Geography & Geoinformatics, Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, Vienna, Austria, July 2001 to November 2002.
Marie Curie Host Fellow, MERIT, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands, February to June 2001.
Visiting Researcher, Center for Interdisciplinary Research (ZIF), University Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany, November to December 2000.
PhD Scholar, Research Associate, Systems Research Technology-Economy-Environment, Austrian Research Centers Seibersdorf, Seibersdorf, Austria, January 1998 to October 2000.
Research Associate, Institute of Industrial Science, Vienna, Austria, January 1998 to September 1998
- Stephan-Koren Prize 2003 (WU Best PhD Award)
- Marie Curie PHD 20 Scholarship, February to June 2001
- ARCS Dissertation Scholarship, January 1998 to December 1999
- Austrian Central Chamber of Labour Thesis Award, 1997
- WU Leistungsstipendium (Performance Scholarship), 1997
- WU Center of Excellence, 1995-1997
- WU Leistungsstipendium (Performance Scholarship), 1995
- EC ERASMUS Scholarship, CEMS Exchange Semester, University of Rotterdam, August to December 1995
@ARC systems research
- Organiser of Department of Technology Policy Study Seminar series (03/03 - 06/07)
- Co-supervision of 2 PhD theses and 3 M.A. theses
@Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration
- Tutorial in Economic Geography (WS 01/02–SS 03), Seminar in Economic Geography (WS 01/02–WS 02/03), Seminar for masters and doctoral students in Economic Geography & Geoinformatics (WS 01/02–WS 02/03)
- Co-supervision of 9 M.A. theses